- How does it work
- Who can host
- Can I get references from other host families?
- Can I choose my student?
- How are the students selected?
- Is there monetary compensation for hosting a student?
- What has to be provided by Host Families?
- What if things do not work out?
- What about medical insurance?
- Do students have their own spending money?
- What help at home can be expected from the student?
- Who we are
Hosting a student
Live California is looking for Host Families in the North County of San Diego for four weeks this summer, from July 7th to August 4th 2014. Would you like to participate?
Live California is a summer camp for teenagers from Spain and from San Diego. The Spaniards come to San Diego to learn English and enjoy California first hand living with a local family.
Your kids will participate too
Teenagers from the Host Families are invited to join the activities with the Spanish students: surf camp, theater night and many other excursions around SoCal. Together they develop international friendships and cultural awareness.
Watch this video to meet Vivian, one of our 2014 students…
It’s easy on your family
Because Host Families are the key to our program, Live California puts a lot of thought and effort to make participation easy for Families. Hosts just have to enjoy the experience.
We take care of everything
Live California takes care of everything else: traveling, paperwork, insurance, transportation as well as keeping students and your own kids busy during the day.
No driving kids around, we do it!
Students are picked up at home every day for their camp activities and dropped off at home in the late afternoon.